Sunday, March 18, 2012

Beautiful by day...sketch by night: Poland

     Well here goes another: Poland, well what do I say about Poland? It was very different. I enjoyed the country and I loved being able to eat Polish Food and be able to learn about Polish History.

     The first day we got off the plane later in the evening and we went to the hostel.

This is the alley to our hostel at night, its kinda sketch.

 By the time we got to the hostel and got settled in we were very hungry and we went and ventured out to find food. We finally found a small kebab place and we all got food. I got a cheese and mushroom casserole, which turned out to be a cheese and mushroom pizza without marinara and they put ketchup on top of it. It wasn't bad but it was different. Later that night we went back to our hostel and went to bed.

     We woke up early around 7:30 and went and ate breakfast. We had a choice of deli meats and cheeses and there these wonderful cinnamon cookies that we had too. They also had slightly pickled cucumbers for us as well. After breakfast we went outside to wait for our bus to Auschwitz and Birkeneau.




 We spent most of the day there with an English speaking tour guide. I don't want to say that I had fun, because it was not fun, it was very somber, but it was very informative, and I like learning about the Holocaust so I can know the history and how not to repeat it. After our tour we went to the city center in Krakow.


 We went to Hard Rock
 and there were also open markets with Fruits and Veg and flowers, but there was also a market that under a barn like structure with both ends open that had souvenir stalls.

 It was very cool. After the market we went and found a Pirogi restaurant. They were amazing! I had cabbage and mushroom and it was one of the best things I've ever tasted!!!
  After that we made our way back to the city center
 and we thought about getting a cab except the man apparently didn't understand me and almost shut the door in my face on my nose, so we walked back to our hostel. It wasn't a long walk, it was actually quite nice. We stopped along the way for snacks and some very good drinks called Frugo, they kinda taste like snapple. Then we went and chilled out at our hostel and just sat around and talked and laughed, it was quite nice.

     The next morning we got up early and went to the airport and came back to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment